At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite fell 1.54% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ), which rose 1.23% or 0.160 points to trade at 13.200 at the close. LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) added 0.83% or 0.160 points to end at 19.400 and PLDT Inc (PS: TEL ) was up 0.43% or 6.00 points to 1403.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ), which lost 4.16% or 1.65 points to trade at 38.00 in late trade. Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) declined 3.61% or 3.90 points to end at 104.10 and First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ) shed 3.21% or 0.52 points to 15.66.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 142 to 68 and 40 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.31% or 4.10 to $1328.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.61% or 0.42 to hit $69.06 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.39% or 0.29 to trade at $75.00 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.10% to 8.2849, while USD/PHP fell 0.18% to 52.294.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 90.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.