At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 1.63% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Puregold Price Club Inc (PS: PGOLD ), which rose 2.05% or 0.900 points to trade at 44.900 at the close. Semirara Mining Corp (PS: SCC ) added 1.21% or 0.30 points to end at 25.00 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) was up 1.04% or 0.050 points to 4.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ), which lost 5.14% or 2.750 points to trade at 50.800 in late trade. Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ) declined 4.69% or 1.900 points to end at 38.600 and Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co (PS: MBT ) shed 4.35% or 3.00 points to 66.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 120 to 69 and 51 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.02% or 0.30 to $1202.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.24% or 0.18 to hit $76.23 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.24% or 0.21 to trade at $86.08 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.20% to 7.9109, while USD/PHP fell 0.06% to 54.325.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 95.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.