At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite fell 1.64%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ), which rose 1.81% or 0.32 points to trade at 17.96 at the close. Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) added 0.38% or 0.060 points to end at 15.860 and Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co (PS: MBT ) was up 0.33% or 0.30 points to 90.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ), which lost 4.16% or 4.15 points to trade at 95.60 in late trade. Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ) declined 4.14% or 1.75 points to end at 40.50 and Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ) shed 4.00% or 3.000 points to 72.000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 107 to 77 and 59 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.11% or 1.45 to $1276.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.48% or 0.26 to hit $54.80 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.23 to trade at $60.85 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.62% to 7.7207, while USD/PHP fell 0.47% to 51.180.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 94.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.