At the close in Warsaw, the WIG30 fell 0.93%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the WIG30 were Energa SA (WA: ENGP ), which rose 2.83% or 0.27 points to trade at 9.82 at the close. Play Communications SA (WA: PLY ) added 1.90% or 0.40 points to end at 21.50 and Alior Bank SA (WA: ALRR ) was up 1.30% or 0.75 points to 58.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included LPP SA (WA: LPPP ), which lost 3.29% or 285.00 points to trade at 8370.00 in late trade. Grupa Lotos SA (WA: LTSP ) declined 3.13% or 3.00 points to end at 93.00 and Powszechna Kasa Oszczednosci Bank Polski SA (WA: PKO ) shed 2.40% or 0.97 points to 39.46.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 261 to 215 and 179 ended unchanged on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 3.73% or 2.00 to $51.69 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 3.12% or 1.92 to hit $59.67 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.38% or 4.95 to trade at $1303.05 a troy ounce.
EUR/PLN was up 0.19% to 4.2937, while USD/PLN fell 0.10% to 3.7537.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.