At the close in Lisbon, the PSI 20 added 0.62% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSI 20 were The Navigator Company SA (LS: NVGR ), which rose 4.03% or 0.1600 points to trade at 4.1260 at the close. Ramada Investimentos e Industria SA (LS: RAMA ) added 1.91% or 0.150 points to end at 8.000 and Altri SGPS (LS: ALSS ) was up 1.82% or 0.1200 points to 6.7300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Banco Comercial Portugues (LS: BCP ), which lost 0.73% or 0.0018 points to trade at 0.2437 in late trade. CTT Correios de Portugal SA (LS: CTT ) declined 0.59% or 0.0180 points to end at 3.0400 and REN (LS: RENE ) shed 0.16% or 0.0040 points to 2.5400.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 17 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged on the Lisbon Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for March delivery was down 0.39% or 0.24 to $61.08 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.76% or 0.40 to hit $51.91 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.20% or 2.55 to trade at $1291.25 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1387, while EUR/GBP fell 0.65% to 0.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 95.765.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.