At the close in Lisbon, the PSI 20 gained 2.82%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSI 20 were Mota Engil (LS: MOTA ), which rose 7.19% or 0.1120 points to trade at 1.6700 at the close. Pharol SGPS SA (LS: PHRA ) added 6.95% or 0.0116 points to end at 0.1786 and Altri SGPS (LS: ALSS ) was up 6.32% or 0.3700 points to 6.2200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ibersol SGPS (LS: IBS ), which lost 0.99% or 0.080 points to trade at 8.000 in late trade. Ramada Investimentos e Industria SA (LS: RAMA ) declined 0.65% or 0.050 points to end at 7.650 and EDP Renovaveis (LS: EDPR ) gained 0.32% or 0.0250 points to 7.8600.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 28 to 5 and 2 ended unchanged on the Lisbon Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for March delivery was up 1.98% or 1.11 to $57.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.89% or 0.89 to hit $47.98 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.69% or 8.90 to trade at $1285.90 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.12% to 1.1405, while EUR/GBP fell 0.64% to 0.8960.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 95.725.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.