At the close in Lisbon, the PSI 20 declined 0.44%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSI 20 were Altri SGPS (LS: ALSS ), which rose 1.00% or 0.0900 points to trade at 9.0600 at the close. EDP (LS: EDP ) added 0.43% or 0.0150 points to end at 3.5050 and Banco Comercial Portugues (LS: BCP ) was up 0.27% or 0.0007 points to 0.2581 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mota Engil (LS: MOTA ), which lost 2.27% or 0.0700 points to trade at 3.0200 in late trade. Ibersol SGPS (LS: IBS ) declined 2.03% or 0.250 points to end at 12.050 and Galp Energia Nom (LS: GALP ) shed 1.48% or 0.2550 points to 17.0100.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 8 and 8 ended unchanged on the Lisbon Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for September delivery was down 3.60% or 2.84 to $76.02 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 2.55% or 1.89 to hit $72.22 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.72% or 9.00 to trade at $1246.40 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.34% to 1.1704, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8851.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 94.24.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.