At the close in Lisbon, the PSI 20 lost 0.47%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSI 20 were Ibersol SGPS (LS: IBS ), which rose 1.03% or 0.100 points to trade at 9.800 at the close. Semapa (LS: SEM ) added 0.66% or 0.1200 points to end at 18.4200 and J. Martins SGPS (LS: JMT ) was up 0.54% or 0.0700 points to 12.9900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included The Navigator Company SA (LS: NVGR ), which lost 2.77% or 0.1240 points to trade at 4.3520 in late trade. Pharol SGPS SA (LS: PHRA ) declined 2.44% or 0.0055 points to end at 0.2200 and Banco Comercial Portugues (LS: BCP ) shed 2.07% or 0.0053 points to 0.2503.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 12 and 8 ended unchanged on the Lisbon Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for October delivery was up 0.34% or 0.24 to $71.67 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.35% or 0.23 to hit $65.69 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.05% or 0.60 to trade at $1184.60 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1410, while EUR/GBP rose 0.20% to 0.8965.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 96.18.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.