At the close in Lisbon, the PSI 20 lost 1.14% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSI 20 were Semapa (LS: SEM ), which rose 1.89% or 0.2400 points to trade at 12.9600 at the close. J. Martins SGPS (LS: JMT ) added 0.15% or 0.0150 points to end at 10.1200 and CTT Correios de Portugal SA (LS: CTT ) was up 0.14% or 0.0040 points to 2.9340 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pharol SGPS SA (LS: PHRA ), which lost 3.36% or 0.0058 points to trade at 0.1670 in late trade. Banco Comercial Portugues (LS: BCP ) declined 2.56% or 0.0058 points to end at 0.2212 and Nos SGPS SA (LS: NOS ) shed 2.49% or 0.1300 points to 5.1000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 8 and 1 ended unchanged on the Lisbon Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for March delivery was down 3.71% or 2.05 to $53.24 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 3.56% or 1.66 to hit $44.95 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.83% or 10.55 to trade at $1280.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.83% to 1.1447, while EUR/GBP rose 0.67% to 0.9047.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.61% at 95.990.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.