Aug 15 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories from selected Canadian newspapers. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL
** Canada's export agency, Export Development Canada expressed regret on Wednesday over a $41 million loan to the Gupta brothers, who have been at the heart of South Africa's biggest post-apartheid corruption scandal. https://tgam.ca/302QrEg
** Koch Industries Inc has transferred five oil-sands leases to Cavalier Energy, which is the oil-sands unit of Calgary-based Paramount Resources Ltd POU.TO , according to the Alberta Energy Regulator. https://tgam.ca/2ZaiTXw
** Robo-adviser Wealthsimple is partnering with independent wealth manager Grayhawk Investment Strategies Inc, as the online portfolio platform looks to gain a foothold in the arena of ultra-high-net-worth investors. https://tgam.ca/306XziW
** Canada's ethics watchdog has concluded that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau violated the Conflict of Interest Act by improperly pressuring the attorney general to intervene in the prosecution of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc SNC.TO and help the company avoid a trial.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.