At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 0.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ), which rose 3.30% or 335.0 points to trade at 10490.0 at the close. Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ) added 1.77% or 2.09 points to end at 120.49 and GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ) was up 1.72% or 0.0149 points to 0.8790 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Magnit (MCX: MGNT ), which lost 2.01% or 196.0 points to trade at 9540.0 in late trade. NMTP (MCX: NMTP ) declined 1.88% or 0.1600 points to end at 8.3300 and United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) shed 1.47% or 0.610 points to 40.790.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 118 to 101 and 24 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 2.72% to 15.040.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.54% or 6.96 to $1303.46 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.74% or 0.88 to hit $51.48 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.78% or 1.00 to trade at $57.25 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 1.09% to 57.0613, while EUR/RUB fell 0.91% to 67.6007.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 92.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.