At the close in Moscow, the MICEX gained 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ), which rose 2.32% or 0.0189 points to trade at 0.8339 at the close. AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) added 2.25% or 0.260 points to end at 11.820 and Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ) was up 2.08% or 2.33 points to 114.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which lost 1.94% or 15.5 points to trade at 784.5 in late trade. Ros Agro PLC (MCX: AGRODR ) declined 1.67% or 12 points to end at 705 and Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ) shed 1.60% or 11.80 points to 725.20.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 151 to 70 and 14 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 0.10% to 20.470.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.24% or 3.17 to $1290.83 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 1.50% or 0.73 to hit $48.09 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.73% or 0.90 to trade at $51.20 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.35% to 59.6645, while EUR/RUB fell 0.67% to 70.3300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 93.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.