At the close in Moscow, the MICEX gained 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ), which rose 3.51% or 0.0985 points to trade at 2.9080 at the close. Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ) added 3.50% or 4.85 points to end at 143.45 and Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ) was up 3.08% or 0.0286 points to 0.9580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya OAO (MCX: TRMK ), which lost 2.71% or 1.95 points to trade at 70.04 in late trade. ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ) declined 1.90% or 1.520 points to end at 78.300 and Tatneft-3 (MCX: TATN ) shed 1.43% or 5.45 points to 375.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 118 to 96 and 17 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 0.25% to 19.760.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.25% or 3.21 to $1294.81 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.77% or 0.86 to hit $47.80 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.80% or 0.95 to trade at $51.77 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.10% to 59.0618, while EUR/RUB rose 0.45% to 69.7450.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.33% at 93.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.