At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia rose 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ), which rose 3.14% or 2.990 points to trade at 98.140 at the close. X5 Retail Group NV (MCX: FIVEDR ) added 2.70% or 42.5 points to end at 1618.5 and MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ) was up 2.56% or 330.0 points to 13220.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which lost 5.67% or 21.8 points to trade at 363.0 in late trade. United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) declined 2.58% or 0.705 points to end at 26.660 and NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ) shed 2.24% or 12.0 points to 523.6.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 106 to 98 and 21 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 1.18% to 25.020 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.27% or 3.35 to $1246.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.15% or 0.59 to hit $51.74 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.58% or 0.35 to trade at $60.50 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.09% to 66.3413, while EUR/RUB fell 0.33% to 75.2800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 97.162.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.