Russia shares higher at close of trade; MOEX Russia up 0.54%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Mining and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia rose 0.54%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ), which rose 3.85% or 3.700 points to trade at 99.700 at the close. NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ) added 2.46% or 13.0 points to end at 541.0 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) was up 2.15% or 0.0865 points to 4.1100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Moskovskiy Kreditnyi Bank OAO (MCX: CBOM ), which lost 1.59% or 0.080 points to trade at 4.940 in late trade. Unipro (MCX: UPRO ) declined 1.55% or 0.0420 points to end at 2.6600 and PIK (MCX: PIKK ) shed 1.32% or 4.60 points to 344.10.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 109 to 95 and 29 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 0.54% to 24.080.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.19% or 2.30 to $1220.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.30% or 0.21 to hit $69.22 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.94% or 0.69 to trade at $74.44 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.38% to 63.4963, while EUR/RUB fell 0.03% to 73.6075.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 94.99.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or