At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia gained 0.60%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ), which rose 7.91% or 1.890 points to trade at 25.780 at the close. NMTP (MCX: NMTP ) added 3.51% or 0.2250 points to end at 6.6350 and Sberbank Rossii OAO Pref (MCX: SBER_p ) was up 3.07% or 5.35 points to 179.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ), which lost 3.05% or 21.0 points to trade at 667.0 in late trade. NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ) declined 2.66% or 15.5 points to end at 568.0 and MTS (MCX: MTSS ) shed 1.61% or 4.30 points to 262.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 110 to 95 and 19 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 2.33% to 23.450.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.65% or 8.00 to $1223.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.75% or 0.51 to hit $67.75 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.44% or 0.32 to trade at $72.75 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.63% to 63.1075, while EUR/RUB fell 0.78% to 73.8193.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 94.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.