At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia gained 0.67%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Magnit (MCX: MGNT ), which rose 7.93% or 337.0 points to trade at 4588.0 at the close. NMTP (MCX: NMTP ) added 3.47% or 0.2850 points to end at 8.5100 and Tatneft OAO Pref (MCX: TATN_p ) was up 3.13% or 12.60 points to 414.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ), which lost 1.94% or 2.85 points to trade at 143.85 in late trade. AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) declined 1.69% or 0.210 points to end at 12.190 and Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ) shed 1.47% or 9.30 points to 621.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 115 to 95 and 21 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 5.21% to 20.940.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.72% or 23.30 to $1332.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.09% or 0.67 to hit $62.22 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.09% or 0.06 to trade at $65.61 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.02% to 56.4839, while EUR/RUB fell 0.49% to 69.7222.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.54% at 89.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.