Russia shares higher at close of trade; MOEX Russia up 0.70%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Power , Mining and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia gained 0.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ), which rose 7.09% or 43.4 points to trade at 655.4 at the close. Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) added 6.46% or 6.60 points to end at 108.80 and SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ) was up 3.91% or 3.62 points to 96.12 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MegaFon OAO (MCX: MFON ), which lost 1.77% or 10.30 points to trade at 573.00 in late trade. Tatneft OAO Pref (MCX: TATN_p ) declined 1.63% or 8.70 points to end at 523.70 and Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya OAO (MCX: TRMK ) shed 1.01% or 0.60 points to 59.05.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 119 to 97 and 16 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 0.70% to 25.420 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.57% or 7.00 to $1228.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.44% or 1.84 to hit $55.27 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.25% or 1.41 to trade at $63.94 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.76% to 65.6685, while EUR/RUB fell 0.49% to 74.8703.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 96.505.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or