Russia shares higher at close of trade; MOEX Russia up 0.83%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Mining and Power sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia rose 0.83% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Magnit (MCX: MGNT ), which rose 3.56% or 131.5 points to trade at 3830.0 at the close. Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) added 3.02% or 3.08 points to end at 105.14 and Polyus OAO (MCX: PLZL ) was up 2.64% or 139.0 points to 5414.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Rostelecom (MCX: RTKM ), which lost 3.23% or 2.38 points to trade at 71.38 in late trade. X5 Retail Group NV (MCX: FIVEDR ) declined 1.81% or 32.5 points to end at 1759.5 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) shed 1.00% or 0.0400 points to 3.9425.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 128 to 86 and 15 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.61% to 24.870.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.23% or 2.95 to $1289.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.40% or 0.21 to hit $52.15 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.28% or 0.17 to trade at $61.27 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.39% to 66.9904, while EUR/RUB rose 0.02% to 77.1184.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or