At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia gained 0.85%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Magnit (MCX: MGNT ), which rose 3.09% or 127.0 points to trade at 4235.0 at the close. Detskiy Mir PAO (MCX: DSKY ) added 3.00% or 2.55 points to end at 87.65 and MegaFon OAO (MCX: MFON ) was up 2.61% or 16.50 points to 648.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which lost 1.79% or 10.2 points to trade at 558.4 in late trade. MMK (MCX: MAGN ) declined 1.39% or 0.655 points to end at 46.560 and Surgut-pref (MCX: SNGS_p ) shed 1.11% or 0.400 points to 35.520.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 116 to 88 and 22 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 0.79% to 26.400.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.17% or 2.00 to $1196.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.05% or 0.69 to hit $66.11 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.46 to trade at $72.67 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.45% to 67.4089, while EUR/RUB rose 0.88% to 77.7433.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 95.38.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.