At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia added 0.87%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were MMK (MCX: MAGN ), which rose 3.85% or 1.770 points to trade at 47.750 at the close. ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ) added 3.32% or 3.100 points to end at 96.500 and Polyus OAO (MCX: PLZL ) was up 3.24% or 138.0 points to 4393.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ), which lost 4.98% or 1.130 points to trade at 21.550 in late trade. NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ) declined 3.38% or 20.8 points to end at 595.0 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) shed 2.36% or 0.0945 points to 3.9055.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 128 to 76 and 14 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 3.12% to 25.120.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.64% or 19.60 to $1213.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.81% or 1.23 to hit $69.06 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.93% or 1.44 to trade at $76.17 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 1.48% to 67.1797, while EUR/RUB fell 0.72% to 78.1094.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.55% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.