At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia added 1.06% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ), which rose 3.96% or 0.347 points to trade at 9.100 at the close. VTB (MCX: VTBR ) added 3.91% or 0.0014 points to end at 0.0371 and Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ) was up 3.64% or 3.28 points to 93.33 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ), which lost 1.89% or 2.06 points to trade at 107.00 in late trade. Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) declined 1.81% or 0.0710 points to end at 3.8600 and MVideo (MCX: MVID ) shed 0.74% or 3.00 points to 404.20.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 128 to 82 and 27 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.93% to 21.620 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.78% or 10.05 to $1282.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.88% or 1.50 to hit $53.57 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.37% or 1.45 to trade at $62.63 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.15% to 66.2628, while EUR/RUB fell 0.44% to 75.2534.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 96.020.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.