Russia shares higher at close of trade; MICEX up 0.04%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Telecoms , Manufacturing and Mining sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX gained 0.04% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were DIXY Group ao (MCX: DIXY ), which rose 5.14% or 11.00 points to trade at 225.00 at the close. PIK (MCX: PIKK ) added 2.19% or 6.40 points to end at 298.40 and Magnit (MCX: MGNT ) was up 1.83% or 175.0 points to 9720.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ), which lost 4.36% or 6.45 points to trade at 141.50 in late trade. Polyus Zoloto OAO (MCX: PLZL ) declined 3.28% or 133.2 points to end at 3925.8 and MMK (MCX: MAGN ) shed 3.24% or 1.150 points to 34.350.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 107 to 101 and 19 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.21% to 21.280.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.85% or 10.38 to $1227.68 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.17% or 0.54 to hit $46.62 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.20% or 0.58 to trade at $49.00 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 1.18% to 59.1292, while EUR/RUB fell 0.89% to 67.8010.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.53% at 95.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or