Russia shares higher at close of trade; MICEX up 0.28%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Power , Telecoms and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Unipro (MCX: UPRO ), which rose 5.98% or 0.1550 points to trade at 2.7450 at the close. Rostelecom (MCX: RTKM ) added 4.33% or 3.25 points to end at 78.25 and MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ) was up 3.31% or 0.0790 points to 2.4640 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Megion (MCX: MFGS ), which lost 2.63% or 17.0 points to trade at 630.0 in late trade. AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) declined 2.55% or 0.570 points to end at 21.745 and Severstal - ao (MCX: CHMF ) shed 2.17% or 18.10 points to 815.40.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 108 to 106 and 10 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 1.36% to 23.160.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.28% or 3.45 to $1233.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.63% or 0.31 to hit $49.00 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.12% or 0.06 to trade at $51.70 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.32% to 57.4040, while EUR/RUB fell 0.48% to 61.672.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 100.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or