At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 0.28% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ), which rose 16.33% or 266.50 points to trade at 1898.50 at the close. Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya OAO (MCX: TRMK ) added 4.32% or 3.16 points to end at 76.30 and AK Transneft OAO Pref (MCX: TRNF_p ) was up 2.94% or 5150 points to 180050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ), which lost 6.00% or 13.50 points to trade at 211.50 in late trade. MMK (MCX: MAGN ) declined 1.42% or 0.510 points to end at 35.500 and GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ) shed 1.23% or 0.0099 points to 0.7921.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 103 to 99 and 12 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 3.72% to 20.710.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.19% or 2.30 to $1216.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.38% or 0.63 to hit $46.12 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.40% or 0.67 to trade at $48.41 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.15% to 59.9052, while EUR/RUB fell 0.35% to 68.4090.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 95.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.