Russia shares higher at close of trade; MICEX up 0.39%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Power , Oil & Gas and Mining sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 0.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ), which rose 7.16% or 0.0670 points to trade at 1.0030 at the close. MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ) added 3.21% or 0.0775 points to end at 2.4895 and Gazprom PAO (MCX: GAZP ) was up 2.67% or 3.50 points to 134.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ), which lost 4.99% or 6.21 points to trade at 118.26 in late trade. Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) declined 2.96% or 5.15 points to end at 168.85 and Sberbank Rossii OAO Pref (MCX: SBER_p ) shed 2.28% or 2.86 points to 122.43.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 122 to 88 and 22 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.77% to 26.580.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.65% or 8.05 to $1224.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.10% or 0.58 to hit $53.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.00% or 0.55 to trade at $55.63 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.52% to 58.5227, while EUR/RUB fell 0.06% to 61.781.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.25% at 101.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or