Russia shares higher at close of trade; MICEX up 0.49%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Power , Mining and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX added 0.49%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ), which rose 4.88% or 0.1235 points to trade at 2.6535 at the close. NLMK ao (MCX: NLMK ) added 3.03% or 3.74 points to end at 127.00 and Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ) was up 2.60% or 0.0221 points to 0.8722 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gruppa LSR PAO (MCX: LSRG ), which lost 2.17% or 17.0 points to trade at 765.0 in late trade. Trubnaya Metallurgicheskaya Kompaniya OAO (MCX: TRMK ) declined 1.92% or 1.50 points to end at 76.60 and NK Rosneft PAO (MCX: ROSN ) shed 1.32% or 4.15 points to 310.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 140 to 72 and 14 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 0.86% to 19.530.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.32% or 4.03 to $1248.07 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.69% or 0.81 to hit $48.70 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.43% or 0.72 to trade at $50.92 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.41% to 59.6438, while EUR/RUB fell 0.70% to 69.5940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 94.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or