At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 0.70% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ), which rose 3.25% or 3.38 points to trade at 107.35 at the close. GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ) added 3.02% or 0.0244 points to end at 0.8324 and Sberbank Rossii OAO Pref (MCX: SBER_p ) was up 2.72% or 2.94 points to 110.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ), which lost 2.79% or 5.60 points to trade at 195.10 in late trade. AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) declined 1.80% or 0.405 points to end at 22.130 and Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ) shed 1.60% or 23.00 points to 1418.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 119 to 113 and 25 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 2.21% to 26.800.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was down 0.46% or 6.25 to $1347.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.38% or 0.62 to hit $45.45 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.48% or 0.70 to trade at $47.96 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.36% to 64.3327, while EUR/RUB fell 0.43% to 72.255.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.24% at 95.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.