Russia shares higher at close of trade; MICEX up 0.95%
Investing.com – Russia equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Mining , Oil & Gas and Telecoms sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX added 0.95%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ), which rose 4.24% or 0.0930 points to trade at 2.2850 at the close. Surgut-pref (MCX: SNGS_p ) added 3.39% or 1.000 points to end at 30.500 and United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) was up 2.92% or 0.810 points to 28.510 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Magnit (MCX: MGNT ), which lost 2.03% or 183.0 points to trade at 8825.0 in late trade. Megion (MCX: MFGS ) declined 1.26% or 7.0 points to end at 548.0 and SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ) shed 1.08% or 1.64 points to 150.50.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 135 to 82 and 18 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 0.27% to 22.280 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.97% or 12.35 to $1265.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.49% or 0.24 to hit $48.99 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.36% or 0.19 to trade at $51.94 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.67% to 56.2154, while EUR/RUB rose 1.27% to 61.428.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 98.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or