At the close in Moscow, the MICEX gained 0.99%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were ANK Bashneft OAO Pref (MCX: BANE_p ), which rose 5.18% or 99.0 points to trade at 2009.0 at the close. Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ) added 3.82% or 34.50 points to end at 937.00 and Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ) was up 3.45% or 3.97 points to 119.19 in late trade.
Biggest losers included FSK EES (MCX: FEES ), which lost 3.52% or 0.0055 points to trade at 0.1500 in late trade. MiMES Rostelekom OAO Pref (MCX: RTKM_p ) declined 1.71% or 1.15 points to end at 66.10 and Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ) shed 1.48% or 2.70 points to 179.30.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 128 to 85 and 20 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.96% to 31.530.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.08% or 1.15 to $1359.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.21% or 0.55 to hit $44.86 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.15% or 0.54 to trade at $46.22 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.16% to 64.0664, while EUR/RUB rose 0.68% to 70.794.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.35% at 96.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.