At the close in Moscow, the MICEX added 1.06%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Rosneft (MCX: ROSN ), which rose 5.71% or 19.50 points to trade at 361.00 at the close. Niznekamskneftekhim ao (MCX: NKNC ) added 5.28% or 3.800 points to end at 75.800 and Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ) was up 3.90% or 0.0340 points to 0.9050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ), which lost 4.33% or 7.55 points to trade at 166.80 in late trade. ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ) declined 2.92% or 2.750 points to end at 91.550 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) shed 2.74% or 0.0920 points to 3.2680.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 128 to 98 and 23 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.80% to 23.990.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 0.71% or 8.85 to $1260.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.75% or 1.37 to hit $51.18 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 2.23% or 1.16 to trade at $53.09 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.38% to 61.9694, while EUR/RUB fell 0.92% to 69.092.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.33% at 96.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.