At the close in Moscow, the MICEX rose 1.66%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ), which rose 7.67% or 0.1745 points to trade at 2.4500 at the close. Magnit (MCX: MGNT ) added 4.82% or 400.0 points to end at 8700.0 and AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) was up 4.58% or 0.900 points to 20.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gruppa Cherkizovo ao (MCX: GCHE ), which lost 0.92% or 8.0 points to trade at 860.0 in late trade. Surgut-pref (MCX: SNGS_p ) declined 0.89% or 0.345 points to end at 38.400 and Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ) shed 0.67% or 1.20 points to 178.45.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 131 to 85 and 21 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.47% to 34.130.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 0.71% or 9.35 to $1327.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 2.88% or 1.38 to hit $49.23 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.86% or 1.41 to trade at $50.67 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.45% to 63.7897, while EUR/RUB fell 0.17% to 70.791.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.41% at 95.80.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.