At the close in Moscow, the MICEX lost 0.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ), which rose 2.78% or 0.0251 points to trade at 0.9286 at the close. Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ) added 2.30% or 3.05 points to end at 135.85 and SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ) was up 2.18% or 3.25 points to 152.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ), which lost 3.16% or 23.00 points to trade at 704.10 in late trade. United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) declined 1.89% or 0.740 points to end at 38.320 and MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ) shed 1.45% or 131.0 points to 8919.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 108 to 106 and 15 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 0.64% to 18.860 a new 3-year low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.87% or 11.23 to $1279.17 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.29% or 0.14 to hit $47.45 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.28% or 0.14 to trade at $50.59 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.15% to 59.7743, while EUR/RUB fell 0.49% to 70.1500.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 93.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.