At the close in Moscow, the MICEX fell 0.47%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ), which rose 2.71% or 300.0 points to trade at 11350.0 at the close. Detskiy Mir PAO (MCX: DSKY ) added 2.27% or 2.30 points to end at 103.40 and United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) was up 0.95% or 0.370 points to 39.170 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NMTP (MCX: NMTP ), which lost 3.16% or 0.2800 points to trade at 8.5800 in late trade. Magnit (MCX: MGNT ) declined 3.15% or 240.0 points to end at 7370.0 and Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ) shed 2.99% or 59.50 points to 1932.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 136 to 80 and 24 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 0.93% to 15.950.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.02% or 0.28 to $1277.02 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.17% or 0.09 to hit $54.39 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.17% or 0.10 to trade at $60.59 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.06% to 58.3180, while EUR/RUB rose 0.37% to 67.9925.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 94.61.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.