At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia lost 0.28%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which rose 4.10% or 15.4 points to trade at 391.0 at the close. Severstal - ao (MCX: CHMF ) added 2.32% or 21.70 points to end at 957.90 and United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) was up 1.51% or 0.400 points to 26.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Unipro (MCX: UPRO ), which lost 5.54% or 0.1500 points to trade at 2.5600 in late trade. Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ) declined 5.06% or 30.0 points to end at 562.8 and MMK (MCX: MAGN ) shed 4.64% or 2.170 points to 44.555.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 114 to 91 and 23 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 2.47% to 25.250.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.43% or 5.30 to $1246.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 2.10% or 1.08 to hit $50.39 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.09% or 0.66 to trade at $59.62 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.10% to 66.6790, while EUR/RUB rose 0.20% to 75.6225.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 96.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.