At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 0.32%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ), which rose 2.61% or 16.0 points to trade at 628.0 at the close. NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ) added 2.21% or 11.5 points to end at 532.5 and Surgut-pref (MCX: SNGS_p ) was up 1.32% or 0.450 points to 34.550 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Polyus OAO (MCX: PLZL ), which lost 3.35% or 149.0 points to trade at 4293.0 in late trade. NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ) declined 2.62% or 14.0 points to end at 519.5 and Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) shed 1.94% or 2.25 points to 113.75.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 93 to 65 and 25 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 1.98% to 24.230.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.43% or 5.30 to $1214.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.46% or 0.32 to hit $68.64 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.35% or 0.26 to trade at $73.19 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.11% to 63.4504, while EUR/RUB rose 0.01% to 73.4215.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 95.12.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.