Russia shares lower at close of trade; MOEX Russia down 0.34%
Investing.com – Russia equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Telecoms , Mining and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia fell 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ), which rose 3.72% or 26.0 points to trade at 724.0 at the close. NLMK ao (MCX: NLMK ) added 2.27% or 3.58 points to end at 161.00 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) was up 1.88% or 0.0810 points to 4.3800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MegaFon OAO (MCX: MFON ), which lost 2.71% or 14.20 points to trade at 509.10 in late trade. AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ) declined 2.18% or 0.205 points to end at 9.185 and Lukoil (MCX: LKOH ) shed 2.18% or 97.0 points to 4355.0.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 106 to 98 and 19 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.96% to 22.070.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.30% or 3.80 to $1255.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.18% or 0.13 to hit $73.98 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.87% or 0.68 to trade at $78.75 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.95% to 61.9043, while EUR/RUB fell 1.08% to 72.6561.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 93.95.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or