At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia lost 0.67% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were VTB (MCX: VTBR ), which rose 3.59% or 0.0016 points to trade at 0.0461 at the close. Rostelecom (MCX: RTKM ) added 1.66% or 1.14 points to end at 69.70 and Unipro (MCX: UPRO ) was up 1.49% or 0.0410 points to 2.8000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Severstal - ao (MCX: CHMF ), which lost 7.20% or 74.80 points to trade at 964.60 in late trade. Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ) declined 4.64% or 35.0 points to end at 720.0 and AK Transneft OAO Pref (MCX: TRNF_p ) shed 3.72% or 6500 points to 168450.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 136 to 78 and 11 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was unchanged 0.00% to 20.370.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.17% or 2.20 to $1280.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.15% or 0.10 to hit $64.95 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.40% or 1.03 to trade at $74.47 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.76% to 63.6706, while EUR/RUB rose 0.77% to 73.8899.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.