Russia shares lower at close of trade; MOEX Russia down 0.77%
Investing.com – Russia equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Power , Oil & Gas and Telecoms sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 0.77%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were AFK Sistema (MCX: AFKS ), which rose 2.50% or 0.225 points to trade at 9.225 at the close. MMK (MCX: MAGN ) added 1.83% or 0.780 points to end at 43.350 and Gruppa LSR PAO (MCX: LSRG ) was up 1.32% or 10.0 points to 769.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ), which lost 5.62% or 0.0448 points to trade at 0.7518 in late trade. Ros Agro PLC (MCX: AGRODR ) declined 4.07% or 25 points to end at 589 and MVideo (MCX: MVID ) shed 3.65% or 15.00 points to 396.10.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 134 to 85 and 20 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.52% to 15.570 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.12% or 1.50 to $1264.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.47% or 0.27 to hit $57.49 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.30% or 0.19 to trade at $63.60 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.24% to 58.8050, while EUR/RUB rose 0.60% to 69.5075.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 93.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or