At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 1.02%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were MVideo (MCX: MVID ), which rose 3.23% or 13.10 points to trade at 419.00 at the close. MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ) added 0.65% or 71.0 points to end at 11003.0 and NLMK ao (MCX: NLMK ) was up 0.47% or 0.70 points to 149.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Safmar Finansovye Investitsii PAO (MCX: SFIN ), which lost 4.64% or 35.5 points to trade at 729.5 in late trade. Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ) declined 4.50% or 112.50 points to end at 2385.00 and NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ) shed 3.16% or 19.0 points to 582.5.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 152 to 67 and 15 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 3.06% to 21.570.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.29% or 3.80 to $1325.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.20% or 0.78 to hit $64.39 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.79% or 0.55 to trade at $68.92 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.47% to 57.1439, while EUR/RUB rose 0.18% to 70.3175.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 89.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.