At the close in Moscow, the MICEX lost 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were MMK (MCX: MAGN ), which rose 2.18% or 0.890 points to trade at 41.690 at the close. Gruppa LSR PAO (MCX: LSRG ) added 2.17% or 21.0 points to end at 987.5 and Severstal - ao (MCX: CHMF ) was up 1.66% or 15.10 points to 924.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ), which lost 2.71% or 0.860 points to trade at 30.850 in late trade. SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ) declined 2.70% or 4.80 points to end at 172.80 and ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ) shed 1.93% or 2.000 points to 101.500.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 122 to 98 and 22 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 0.34% to 23.500.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.90% or 11.15 to $1224.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.75% or 0.94 to hit $52.92 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 1.96% or 1.11 to trade at $55.59 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.08% to 58.1753, while EUR/RUB fell 0.74% to 61.690.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 100.98.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.