Russia shares lower at close of trade; MICEX down 0.29%
Investing.com – Russia equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Telecoms , Mining and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX fell 0.29%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ), which rose 3.12% or 39.00 points to trade at 1291.00 at the close. Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) added 2.93% or 0.1210 points to end at 4.2510 and GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ) was up 2.09% or 0.0191 points to 0.9345 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NLMK ao (MCX: NLMK ), which lost 3.33% or 3.86 points to trade at 112.14 in late trade. Akron (MCX: AKRN ) declined 2.86% or 100.0 points to end at 3395.0 and MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ) shed 1.80% or 0.0450 points to 2.4550.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 102 to 97 and 23 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 2.88% to 23.910.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was down 0.62% or 7.35 to $1173.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.71% or 0.38 to hit $54.14 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.60% or 0.34 to trade at $57.23 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.17% to 59.5473, while EUR/RUB fell 0.08% to 62.861.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.56% at 101.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or