At the close in Moscow, the MICEX lost 0.51%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were NLMK ao (MCX: NLMK ), which rose 4.74% or 4.99 points to trade at 110.29 at the close. Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) added 1.37% or 2.50 points to end at 184.40 and PhosAgro ao (MCX: PHOR ) was up 1.10% or 26.0 points to 2391.0 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AK Transneft OAO Pref (MCX: TRNF_p ), which lost 5.01% or 9400 points to trade at 178100 in late trade. Moskovskaya Birzha OAO (MCX: MOEX ) declined 3.27% or 3.56 points to end at 105.34 and FSK EES (MCX: FEES ) shed 3.26% or 0.0062 points to 0.1839.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 143 to 74 and 23 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 0.21% to 23.660.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.59% or 7.27 to $1237.27 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.08% or 0.04 to hit $48.81 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to trade at $51.82 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.18% to 56.4555, while EUR/RUB rose 1.08% to 62.526.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.69% at 98.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.