Russia shares lower at close of trade; MICEX down 0.70%
Investing.com – Russia equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Power , Telecoms and Mining sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Moscow, the MICEX lost 0.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were PIK (MCX: PIKK ), which rose 3.00% or 8.00 points to trade at 275.00 at the close. Gruppa LSR PAO (MCX: LSRG ) added 2.58% or 24.0 points to end at 956.0 and Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) was up 1.83% or 0.0680 points to 3.7930 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ), which lost 9.27% or 0.1196 points to trade at 1.1700 in late trade. MosEnrg (MCX: MSNG ) declined 6.94% or 0.1715 points to end at 2.2980 and MegaFon OAO (MCX: MFON ) shed 4.14% or 25.50 points to 590.50.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 145 to 78 and 13 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 0.09% to 22.460.
In commodities trading, Gold for February delivery was up 0.43% or 4.85 to $1142.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $52.98 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.34% or 0.19 to trade at $55.02 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.35% to 61.8773, while EUR/RUB fell 0.37% to 64.609.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.17% at 102.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or