At the close in Moscow, the MICEX declined 0.99%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were Niznekamskneftekhim ao (MCX: NKNC ), which rose 2.02% or 1.000 points to trade at 50.500 at the close. Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) added 1.96% or 1.51 points to end at 78.40 and Uralkaliy (MCX: URKA ) was up 1.80% or 2.90 points to 164.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MMC Norilsk Nickel (MCX: GMKN ), which lost 3.20% or 291.0 points to trade at 8809.0 in late trade. Rosneft (MCX: ROSN ) declined 2.75% or 9.50 points to end at 336.50 and Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ) shed 2.74% or 18.00 points to 638.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 114 to 109 and 18 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was up 1.48% to 35.570.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.23% or 2.95 to $1277.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 2.26% or 0.99 to hit $44.77 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.61% or 0.72 to trade at $45.34 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 1.21% to 65.7274, while EUR/RUB fell 1.95% to 74.933.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.50% at 93.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.