At the close in Moscow, the MICEX lost 1.82%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MICEX were United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ), which rose 6.98% or 1.350 points to trade at 20.700 at the close. Gruppa LSR PAO (MCX: LSRG ) added 4.25% or 33.0 points to end at 809.5 and Surgut-pref (MCX: SNGS_p ) was up 1.79% or 0.690 points to 39.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MegaFon OAO (MCX: MFON ), which lost 5.25% or 37.50 points to trade at 676.50 in late trade. Sberbank Rossii OAO Pref (MCX: SBER_p ) declined 4.81% or 4.60 points to end at 91.01 and MTS (MCX: MTSS ) shed 4.70% or 11.75 points to 238.15.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 146 to 74 and 28 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MICEX options, was down 1.23% to 36.890.
In commodities trading, Gold for August delivery was up 4.48% or 56.55 to $1319.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 4.81% or 2.41 to hit $47.70 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 4.83% or 2.46 to trade at $48.45 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 1.91% to 65.0518, while EUR/RUB fell 0.21% to 72.381.
The US Dollar Index was up 2.36% at 95.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.