Saudi Arabia shares higher at close of trade; Tadawul All Share up 0.26%
Investing.com – Saudi Arabia equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Financial Services , Multi Investment and Transport sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Saudi Arabia, the Tadawul All Share rose 0.26% to hit a new 3-year high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Tadawul All Share were Al-Ahlia Insurance Company (SE: 8140 ), which rose 3.39% or 0.40 points to trade at 12.20 at the close. Saudi Arabia Refineries Co. (SE: 2030 ) added 2.49% or 1.05 points to end at 43.20 and Alawwal Bank (SE: 1040 ) was up 2.24% or 0.38 points to 17.32 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Saudi Chemical Company (SE: 2230 ), which lost 3.38% or 1.15 points to trade at 32.85 in late trade. Red Sea Housing Services Company (SE: 4230 ) declined 2.59% or 0.42 points to end at 15.78 and Gulf General Cooperative Insurance (SE: 8260 ) shed 2.57% or 0.32 points to 12.12.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 113 to 64 and 13 ended unchanged on the Saudi Arabia Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 1.75% or 1.04 to $58.37 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 1.67% or 1.12 to hit $66.12 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 1.34% or 17.65 to trade at $1299.25 a troy ounce.
EUR/SAR was down 0.20% to 4.2075, while USD/SAR rose 0.01% to 3.7504.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.51% at 96.775.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or