The following company announcements, scheduled economic indicators, debt and currency market moves and political events may affect South African markets on Tuesday.
Exchange operator JSE Ltd releases data on foreigners' buying and selling of South African bonds and stocks during the previous week.
Steinhoff SNHJ.J publishes 2018 results
Financial services group Alexander Forbes AFHJ.J will report its full-year results
MultiChoice MCGJ.J to report full-year results
SOUTH AFRICAN MARKETS
South Africa's rand firmed on Friday as domestic political concerns eased, with the focus of investors shifting to inflation data and the U.S. central bank meeting next week.
Investor caution ahead of the Federal Reserve's interest rate meeting capped Asian stocks on Tuesday, while crude oil prices retreated as global growth worries overshadowed supply concerns stemming from recent Middle East tensions. MKTS/GLOB
Wall Street edged higher on Monday, supported by Facebook (NASDAQ: FB ), Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ) and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ), as investors awaited a key Federal Reserve meeting that is expected to lay the groundwork for an interest rate cut later this year. .N
Gold prices edged higher on Tuesday as the dollar pulled back from multi-week highs ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's two-day monetary policy meeting. GOL/
For the top emerging markets news, double click on - - -
Some of the main stories out in the South African press:
- Battling Lonmin 'went right to the edge'
- Amcu in 'crazy demand' for 17,000 rand salaries
- Restated results impact Steinhoff
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
what's the outlook for Karatgold?Like 0