The following company announcements, scheduled economic indicators, debt and currency market moves and political events may affect South African markets on Friday.
- No major economic events.
- Remgro REMJ.J Half Year 2019 Earnings Release.
- African & Overseas Enterprises AONJn.J Half Year 2019 Earnings Release.
- Rex Trueform Group RTOJ.J Half Year 2019 Earnings Release.
SOUTH AFRICAN MARKETS
The South African rand fell on Thursday, hurt by subdued appetite for emerging market assets and data showing that output in two key industrial sectors of mining and manufacturing remained weak, while the stock market ended flat. .J ZAR/
Asian stocks stepped ahead on Friday as sentiment improved on a report that more progress has been made in U.S.-China trade talks and after UK lawmakers voted to delay a potentially chaotic exit from the European Union. MKTS/GLOB
The S&P 500 slipped on Thursday, snapping a three-day streak of gains, as uncertainty over when a trade deal between the United States and China would be reached left investors on edge. .N
Gold prices rose on Friday, recovering from the previous session's sharp fall, as the dollar dipped and mounting concerns about a slowdown in global economic growth boosted demand for the safe-haven bullion. GOL/
Some of the main stories out in the South African press:
- Recovery plan for Eskom's Medupi, Kusile.
- MTN (JO: MTNJ ) shares set to rally according to analysts.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
hello Gyz help meLike 0