At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 added 0.10%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Indra A (MC: IDR ), which rose 5.44% or 0.485 points to trade at 9.395 at the close. Grifols SA (MC: GRLS ) added 1.41% or 0.360 points to end at 25.960 and Merlin Properties SA (MC: MRL ) was up 1.35% or 0.15 points to 11.28 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Melia Hotels (MC: MEL ), which lost 7.67% or 0.685 points to trade at 8.245 in late trade. Mediaset ESP (MC: TL5 ) declined 7.45% or 0.472 points to end at 5.864 and Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ) shed 4.61% or 0.035 points to 0.716.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 87 to 81 and 20 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.18% or 2.20 to $1224.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 1.54% or 0.95 to hit $60.72 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.75% or 1.26 to trade at $70.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.1404, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8702.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 96.20.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.